- In which the scales fall from the eyes a true believer in the Venezuelan socialist miracle.
- “Venezuela is not your playground” says the Spiked Podcast, amongst other things.
- Tim Newman sees a problem with the recent ruling on equal pay on the question of what constitutes equal work. He’s also much better than I am at punning titles for his blog posts.
- Delingpole’s podcast is back! Here he is with a true hero, fighting the good fight against systemic mediocrity in British education – Katherine Birbalsingh.
- Taki – Analyse This. The guy is the living embodiment of everyone and everything that the progressives want to die. Legend.
- More on that arctic blast in the USA, and how record temperatures are not tampered with in the same way as the broader dataset used in climate modelling.
- Adam Piggott opines, with some wisdom, on the differing directions being taken Italy and Australia: The right of self-defence
- Your four hour journey could be over in the blink of an eye if you download and listen to ‘The Great One’ of Cynical Libertarian Society delivering a splendid four-part exposition on Statism vs AnarchoCapitalism entitled ‘Why Statism?’. There are oodles of show-notes too if you want a summary read rather than an entertaining listen (1) (2) (3) (4)
- A free speech event has taken place at the EU Parliament in Brussels this week, with speakers including Stefan Molyneux, Imam Tawhidi, Anne Marie Waters, James Delingpole, Amy Mek, Katie Hopkins, David Vance and Lauren Southern. Coverage is thin on the ground and video has yet to be unearthed.
- Even woke comics aren’t safe from the ever morphing ideals of the PC lynch mob.
- Not for the first time, Will Young is a C**t.
- Circular Reasoning from Jesus and Mo.
- The Great clickbait monkey cull of 2019 isn’t over. This week it’s Vice. CNN wonder if, to their horror, Trump winning his war against the media. Wes Messamore, the journalist at CNN here, must be shitting in his little panties.
“The thing is, you don’t get Hitler because of Hitler — there are always potential Hitlers out there. You get Hitler because of Weimar, and you get Weimar because the liberals are too corrupt and incompetent to maintain a liberal polity.”
And for car porn, I give you an immaculate 1980 Talbot Lotus Sunbeam. An estimated 150BHP. In that. In 1980. Sold at auction in 2014 for over £50K.
Isn’t that a beaut? A selection of knowledgable opinions on the car here on a forum I used to frequent back in the good old days when the internet wasn’t full of commies and millenial snotgoblins.