Have a look at the law, why don’t you?
(2) A constable may—
(a)direct P to go immediately to a hospital or other suitable place specified in the direction for the purposes of screening, assessment and the imposition of any restrictions or requirements under regulation 5,
(b)remove P to a hospital or other suitable place for the purposes of the imposition of any restrictions or requirements under regulation 5; or
(c)if P is already at a hospital or other suitable place, keep P at that place or remove P to another hospital or other suitable place for the purposes of the imposition of any restrictions or requirements under regulation 5.
(3) The power in paragraph (2) may be exercised where P is at any place.
(4) For the purpose of exercising the power in paragraph (2), a constable may enter any place.
15.—(1) A person (“P”) commits an offence if P—
(a)fails, without reasonable excuse, to comply with a restriction or requirement imposed under regulation 4(1), 5(1), 7(1) or 9(4) or (5);
(b)absconds, or attempts to abscond, from detention or isolation under regulation 4, 5 or 8.
(2) A person who provides false or misleading information intentionally or recklessly to any person carrying out a function under these Regulations commits an offence.
(3) A person who obstructs, without reasonable excuse, any person carrying out a function under these Regulations commits an offence.
(4) A responsible adult who fails without reasonable excuse to comply with regulation 5(4), 6(3) or 7(7) commits an offence.
(5) An offence specified in paragraphs (1), (2), (3) or (4) is punishable on summary conviction by a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.
You know… it occurs to me that the reason we need these draconian laws is that we no longer live in a society that is bound together by innate mutual obligation. My neighbours are not my kith and kin. Vanishingly few of them are what Adam Piggott calls ‘my people’. And so we need the government to wield its iron fist in order to force us to have consideration for a ‘society’ that does not comprise ‘people like us’ whoever ‘we’ happens to be.
Check back in 2 years time and see if this legislation has been allowed to sunset or if it has been perpetuated by ministerial fiat, and become an archetype of scope-creep.