September 17, 2010 1 Comment
Maybe next year, if I’ve not been driven to a murder-suicide rampage by then.
- considered sacred in many Eastern religions and traditions, such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism and connected yoga and dharma based practices.
- in Tibetan Buddhism it is believed that there are 108 sins
- In Homer‘s Odyssey, the number of suitors coveting Penelope, wife of Odysseus.
- There are 108 outlaws in the Chinese classic Water Margin/Outlaws of the Marsh.
- The number of surat al-Kawthar in the Qur’an, the smallest one of the Book.
- There are 108 love sonnets in Astrophil and Stella, the first English sonnet sequence by Sir Philip Sidney.
Thanks for the votes, folks.
Keep reading and keep commenting.